If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

10/05/2004

back at work

I'm back at work. Still with a swollen, unhappy ankle, but otherwise 'rarin to go.
me, right before I hit the wall
Some of my coworkers have been so sweet, I'm just overwhelmed. One initiated a congratulations card, several have come in and asked for the gory details... I, of course, am wearing my finisher t-shirt and medal under a blouse.

After a day of telecommuting yesterday, I left the house and went to the bragging party. Silly me, I went fashionably late, an hour and a quarter into it, and missed a bunch of pals, but I was able to see my coaches and a number of the ACs. At one point, I welled up--I was surprised how emotional I was. Even though I don't know any of these folks well, I have this emotional bond to the group, and I was happy that we had done what we came to do, and sad that it was all over.

I'm surprised this morning, too, how emotional I am. It's really incredible.

I have a few pics that my sweetie took up on Flickr if you are interested:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/52805841@N00/sets/18131/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home