If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

9/30/2004

3 days

photo, my outfit for the big day

Three days! I'm about to jump out of my skin!

By the way, that, to my right, is what I plan to wear to the marathon. In spite of the horrible lighting, the hat is white—and if I can help not wearing it, I won't be!

It's getting really hard now. Yesterday at work I got all stressed out, and contemplated my options. Usually, I could: go for a walk, go for a bike ride, go to the gym and lift heavy things or do the rowing or cross-country machine. I could: go for a hamburger and french fries with my darling. I could: drink a beer or a margarita, or two. But, I can't do any of those things right now! So I was left with dark chocolate. And giving some much needed attention to an old web project.

Today, I'm going to a fancy lunch with my coworkers. (A full report will be posted tonight on my other blog). I've decided that, if they have the tempura-ed green beans they are famous for on the menu, I must have them, avoidance of fried food or not. One must know where to be flexible.

In related news, I have not dyed my hair yet. I was about to do it last night when my darling pointed out that going out with the CEO with purple hair might not be appropriate. (Thank you!!)

I'm still stuck on this sending-out-emails thing, this time on telling people where to cheer me on. The problem is the route.

For slower participants after 12:00 noon an alternative certified route will be used for the last 4 miles of the course for reasons of safety.

But what is that alternative certified route? I know it involves Interstate Ave, but I don't know where we cut over to Interstate, and obviously, I don't know where the mile markers hit. So, how am I supposed to say, I'm going to be here at this time? Ack!

Thanks for all the well-wishing by the way! I need it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I remember feeling like you do now. It was last summer before my first major race, the Rock N Roll Half in Virginia Beach. It's such a tough time--excited, nervous, afraid to stub a toe or twist an ankle or eat something that doesn't agree with you. But you've prepared so well, and you can almost always overcome little annoyances. Try to relax and enjoy the anticipation. You are doing to have a great race and enjoy the hell out of yourself!

Looking forward to a picture of the purple hair!

11:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know VJ, maybe Carol would have liked you in purple hair?! Now Bob, he really doesn't seem to be the type to appreciate purple hair, that I'll give ya. ;o)

Woman, you'd better figure out this alternate certified route thing if you want us to cheer you on!!!

Go VJ! Go VJ! (just practicing) :o)

3:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home