If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

10/02/2004

the day before

My. It's hard to believe, now, that the marathon is tomorrow. I'm ready, and I'm not.

Yesterday, I hit the expo, and to my disbelief, ran into three people I knew. Cool! I picked up lots of schwag (free marathon bars, Las Vegas Marathon playing cards), looked briefly at clothing (let's just say--I saw a quite a few people my size there, and I saw next to no clothing my size), and signed up as a Bonnydale.

I ran over to a record store that had hair dye in the hopes they would have something old school--but they only had the mall store brand. I picked up iron-on letters for my t-shirt, and went to the beauty supply to pick up hair clips. They, strangely enough, had manic panic (ultra violet)manic panic ultra violet. And, the library finally had John Bingham's Marathoning for Mortals for me.

I did dye my hair, at least, the longer sections that aren't blonde and red streaks, and I'm not terribly happy. The dyed sections look gothily blue! I'm going to chat with my hair dresser this morning and see what she recommends.

Today, for a day where I should be reclining and eating pasta, is full. I get my nails done (big treat!), I go to the Greek Festival with my coworker who just had surgery a week or so back, and I go on the marathon route bus tour. Oh well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home