If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

9/24/2004

rest day

It's Friday, and it feels like Friday. I am so ready for the week to be over. The marathon is 9 days away. Tomorrow, I'll walk 5 miles. All I can think about is the marathon.

Part of it is this impatience for the marathon to be over. I'm not supposed to change anything before or on marathon day -- of course, suddenly, I want to take up jogging, I want to do speedwork, I want to start running stairs. I feel like, in a way, that everything is on hold.

I need suggestions. I've heard that you should try to make yourself look distinctive in a large event like this (Portland is expecting 9000-10,000 runners and walkers) -- so what does that mean? Should I personalize my shirt? Decorate my hydration backpack? Create sharpie tattoos? What do you do?

1 Comments:

Blogger vj said...

Thanks, Hollie! I've seen your posts on the PFit forum. If you know what I look like, please introduce yourself -- I'd love to meet you.

3:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home