If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

9/25/2004

saturday

The last session of PFit for this year. I haven't been sad, because I feel like it will go on, in different forms, until next year. And it will. I walked 5 miles as a sprint, in 78 minutes (15.6 minute/miles), and felt great during and afterwards.

On the way home, I was laundry-listing all the stuff I could do--bike downtown to take pictures, jog with the dog, bicycle over to the Polish Festival--something, anything, go-go-go! For the last couple weekends, I didn't have a free moment, and now, I just want to move because I know I shouldn't.

In a moment between meetings yesterday, I decided to see if there was a Detroit marathon, and of course there is, and it's coming right up. I immediately started thinking about how much fun it would be to do the Detroit Marathon, until I read the finer print that the finish line closes under 7 hours from the start. Maybe next year I can do a marathon under 7 hours, but this year, I'll be happy to finish under 8. They offer a half-marathon as well (which is sold out for this year). Maybe next year! Yeah, next year in Detroit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home