If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

9/27/2004

6 days

... 'til the marathon! 6 days!!

I biked in today and it really was very pleasant. Just a nice quiet Portland morning, full of people walking dogs and cats walking themselves, and not many cars. Then I went to the gym and did my upperbody work, which brings me to a question:

In the Portland Marathon, you can sign up for Clydesdale and Bonnydale if you meet those criteria (eg, are not skinny-skinny). An option within that is the Pump and Run, where you bench press a certain amount of weight (in my case, 120 lbs) at the Expo. So... is there any benefit at all to doing the Pump and Run? I looked at last year's results, which were broken down by age and weight--and saw nothing about the Pump and Run whatsoever. Or is this just for your own personal bragging rights (which is nothing to cough at!)?

Anyways, I couldn't remember the number of pounds, so I did do the bench press but only at 60 lbs. Can I do 120? Does it matter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home