If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

10/27/2004

Cheating

I did not ride in today. And I feel like I cheated! Whatta lazy bum! I have a work retreat to go to today, and if I biked, it meant I wouldn't see my beloved at all before I had to run off to my evening activity (tasting hamburgers. It's a hard life, isn't it?). I did do some walking, and I did do my upper body workout, a nice hard one, but I still feel like I didn't really get a workout in. And there is no chance of working one in later.

However. Every muscle in my body hurts. This is what happens when you do pilates once every two weeks.

Time is running out before my trip. I am still not packed, I am still obsessing about whether I should bring the running pants, getting a book for the plane, getting my nails done so they don't shred on the trip. Is there more? It seems like there should be. Just like being at an expo immediately before marathoning is dangerous to your wallet, there is the temptation (for me) to just buy a lot of stuff before a trip. Currently, I'm obsessing about buying sport bras, but should I manage that, there will be something else. It's just the nature of the beast.

Speaking of purchasing things, I had asked Jen of Where's my Body where she got her winter cycling gear, and bless her, she posted it. Of the sites she posted, I think I enjoyed Rivendell's the most. The descriptions of the items are so far from conventional marketing copy that it just makes my heart sing. I especially liked this "sweater".

Jayne Williams, the Slow Fat Triathlete update

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home