If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

10/25/2004

rain

Marshall, please forgive me -- thanks for the advice and wellwishing. Yow, I was thinking of you but somehow did not type your name...

I did pilates at lunch, which was tremendously uncomfortable. There's the goth toe on one foot, and the toes on my other feet also weren't that happy to move in a graceful and controlled way. Oh, and the road rash on my elbow still doesn't want any weight anywhere near it. And, it's just plain hard.

It was raining when I went to leave work, so I took the MAX part of the way home, which still meant I was soaked by the time I got home. And for some reason, I didn't want to drive to the gym to spend three hours on the treadmill. Oh my gosh, what was I thinking?

Tonight, I am trying to come up with a packing list. I'm a neurotic traveler -- I always overpack, I always end up bringing a heavy bag on the plane, and I am always trying not to overpack. I thought this just used to be about visiting family, but now that I do business trips, I go through the same obsessive stuff. Do I give in to my desire to have a different outfit for each day, now multiplied by two with my walking clothes? And what about the weather?? This is northern Michigan, fer heavens sakes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home