If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

10/28/2004

last day

This blog will go silent from October 29-November 8

Today is my last day before the trip. My mind is going a million miles a minute thinking about things I gotta do, things I wanna do, things I should do before I leave. I had lots of excuses for not riding in this morning, but the fact that my mind races seemed to be an excellent argument for doing it anyway.

So I did ride in. Maybe this is becoming a habit! It's overcast and chilly, but not an unpleasant day to ride. Usually, when I'm riding or walking, the talkative part of my brain lets up, and I can just watch and listen, which is why exercise outside is so soothing. This morning, the talkative part was especially manic. Oh well. I felt really good, really strong, and faster. And, I only had two SUVs try to turn into me!

In other important matters, can anyone recommend a walker-friendly marathon in January? I had thinking about doing the Las Vegas, but it looks distinctly un-slow-walker friendly. A cool destination is a plus.

Have a great weekend/week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Here's a link to some walker-friendly marathons:

http://www.marathonwalking.com/marathon_calendar.html

Unfortunately, all of those listed are in warm locales (Houston or Florida).

Have fun on your trip! Be safe.

7:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home