If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

9/17/2004

where's my endorphin rush?

I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I did my weight-training this am (no bike commute, however), and usually I'm feeling great about 10 minutes into it. Not today. I never did get my endorphin rush. Today's a rest day, so I shouldn't really seek out my rush somewhere else. Not that I really have the energy to.

Well, if I can't be doing it, I could at least be reading it, right? I'm still working on Slow Burn, Heft on Wheels, and Runner's world Complete Book of Women's Running, and keeping up with my favorite blogs and forums. And in a forum, I learned about the Zeitgeist Half Marathon:

Enjoy a scenic walk or run through the rolling hills of northwest Boise. The course features paved and dirt roads, six aid stations with water, Gatorade and 8 chances to sit down and relax in your own private privy.

After the half marathon recover with a bottle of Gatorade or Crystal Cascade bottled water...


I gotta appreciate a sense of humor! It sounds like a great event, if a little chilly (maybe I need to stock up on winter clothes...).