If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

10/07/2004

craziness

My ankle is doing better, thanks for asking. It's much less swollen, I have better flexibility, and I can walk without too much limping. Oy!

I finally finished Heft on Wheels. It was a fun read. To summarize (though not as entertainingly as in 30 seconds with bunnies or with kittens or spongemonkeys):

  1. author is fat, smoker, alcoholic, who likes to bike

  2. another biker says the author is too slow

  3. author decides to prove him wrong

  4. author quits smoking, drinking and eating

  5. author overtrains

  6. author loses a ton of weight and meets personal goals

  7. author gets hit by a truck


The end! Magnuson has a great voice, and is very likable. Mostly, what I've come away with is that bike riding gets easier when you weigh less (well, duh!), and that you gotta avoid motor vehicles.

As much as I'd like to get on the overtraining bandwagon, I am going to be spending most of my evenings and weekend working on work. I have an insane deadline. I knew this was coming--it's just not terribly pretty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home