If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

10/20/2004

back on the bike

I was running so very late this morning that I decided to take the bike. At first I thought that I had completely lost any conditioning that I had gained by bike commuting in September, and I started mentally kicking myself for not doing at least some biking, but then, suddenly, I seemed to hit my stride and everything was fine. It was a beautiful ride in, and for the first time in about a week, I felt content.

One of the diffuse goals that has been swimming around in my head is (re)designing this blog, and my thought for doing it was to have pictures of walking and riding surfaces: paths, thruways, streets, sidewalks. This may work out to be a great idea or a dumb one, but I started taking pictures this morning.

Goals:

  1. get a blog up and running on my own domain by the beginning of the year (hopefully it'll be much sooner than that, but this is fairly low priority)

  2. Seattle half-marathon, November 28

  3. Destination marathon in January*



Nigella is still in the kitty hospital. We've gone way beyond the economic worse-case-scenerio and are now talking a decent vacation for two or a decent treadmill kind of money. This couldn't have come at a worse time, what with buying plane tickets to rural Michigan, and a month full of big bills. I had hoped to get a fluid trainer for one of the bikes, but that won't be happening this month. So there may not be a destination marathon in the future, but damn it, if I can, I will.

Her temperature was coming down yesterday. We're hoping that her fever will break today so she can come home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home