If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

10/19/2004

partly cloudy

my favorite medal
There's been talk on the Running Blog Family about medals--what do you do with yours? All mine hang in the hallway from a post on the staircase. Well, all but the one to the left, which proudly hangs in the kitchen. It's my favorite.

I just went on a walk to the Technical Bookstore. It's drizzling off and on, and Portland smells bad. Yikes. Still, nice to get another little walk in.

I finally made the plans to go see my mom in a few weeks, but I'm going to miss all of the halloween runs, sadly. I'm also going to miss Slug Velo's Fall Color Saunter. I learned about Slug Velo (subtitle: We're Slow. We're Sociable. We're Slug Velo!) in Oregon Cycling Magazine, and I gotta say, this sounds like my kind of group. I'm bummed that I'll be outta town for this month's ride.

I'll also be at Mom's for the election. Thank heavens Oregon is a vote by mail state!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home