If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

11/09/2004

grumble

I feel, still, pretty stoopid. Oh my gosh, I can't even think and walk down the stairs. This does not bode well for me. So I hurt, almost universally all over. My eyes hurt. I wonder, really, how hard I landed on my head. My walk to the bus this morning hurt.

I'm trying to keep a sense of humor about this, but I'm having a hard time forgiving myself this.

I'm trying to look at the good side of this. I did manage to clean and declutter a quite a bit last night before I did my gymnastics. I brought about half of the clothes upstairs. I have a backpack full of magazines to bring to the gym, and I cleaned up about half a grocery bag of newspapers.

I read a forum thread about buying a treadmill, and then did some further reading at Runner's World where they say, don't put your exercise equipment in the basement—out of sight, out of mind. They're right: I hate my basement and I doubt even with "remodeling" that it would be that pleasant a place to hang out.

Oh. And I got my student loan payment thingee. Payments start next month, and they're 2/3rds of my mortgage cost. Sigh. I get a raise next month, but I doubt it's a 2/3rds of the mortgage type raise.

Sweetie and I had talked about goals over the weekend, and for both of us, we wanted to eat better and eat at home most of the time, unlike our current bad behavior of eating out as a habit. We figured it would save us some cash too, that we could put into the house. Or, the student loan payment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ouch! Sounds like you are having a tough time. Hang in there--as you know, the soreness will go away with time.

AS for your other issues, my wife and I are having the same discussions--eating healthier, eating at home, and paying off student loans! It sucks, doesn't it.......thank goodness for walking to take our minds off it.

Take care.

10:51 AM

 
Blogger vj said...

Thanks Marshall. I'm feeling a bit better. This will all work out. And while we slipped up and went out to eat last night, we have been eating better and at home the rest of the week. And, it's been really good, as in tasty... (as well as virtuous).

10:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home