If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

10/13/2004

woohoo, walk!

I am pleased to finally note that I am done with my project. Sure, I have lots of tweaking I could and should do, but the necessary part of it is over, so I can go and find some new stress. Woo hoo!

I got done with said project at 1:30 (the absolute deadline was 3pm). A little too close for comfort. I went and got a sandwich and sat in the sun, in the beautiful, beautiful weather, and I wanted to go to bed. For the night. I felt so exhausted.

I never did make it to the gym, but I went for a nice walk this evening. I decided to meet my sweetie up at the chiropractor, which I'm guessing is 3 miles away. I am reading the Runner's World
Complete Book of Women's Running
, and they had a heart monitor tip in there, to warm up, then get your heart rate up to 75%, then bring it back down to 60%, repeat.

I learned that it's really easy to get my heart rate up to 75%... and really hard to get it back down to 60% afterwards. I spent a lot of time walking very slowly. Watching the HRM really makes the 43 minutes fly.

So does this mean I'm out of shape? Still recovering from the marathon? I don't know. It's just something else to work on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home