If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

10/14/2004

treadmill

I had a nice short session on the treadmill this morning. The gym had the new issue of Fast Company, which I thumbed through as I ambled along. I also looked out the window and watched people go by. Very pleasant. It didn't feel like a real workout--it wasn't tough, I didn't get my heart rate very high, and it didn't last long--but right now it's just a matter of getting the mileage in, and letting myself recover from the marathon.

My weight has dropped a little. 239. 4 pounds more and I will have lost my library school gain. While the six months of walking training really reshaped my body and I lost inches, my weight stayed frustratingly static. I know my weight affects everything, most prominently speed, and I'm all about getting faster, stronger, and the rest of that.

I feel like I'm phoning it in, right now. I just feel tired and a little bummed and not too terribly interested in anything. I guess it makes sense--I had been pushing myself pretty hard over the last week or more, and I've been so focused on marathon and then magazine (the work project) that now that they are both over, I'm not sure what I should be doing with myself. This too shall pass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heath said...

Thanks for reading Fast Company! (I work there.)

3:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home