If you're a large woman in America, your whole life us an opportunity to feel self-conscious,embarrassed, resentful and way too big. you can hide in the corner or in the couch, you can go to therapy, or you can put on your lycra bike shorts and get out there and move.
—Jayne Williams, Slow Fat Triathlete

10/09/2004

working from home

Well, I'm starting late, but I'm just about to start working on work. My hope is to work straight through until I get it all done, which will hopefully be some time this evening, so I can have tomorrow as a free day. I doubt I'll get so lucky, I have a lot to do. But that's my plan.

The marathon folks are being slow about posting times and photos. I did see that they updated my personal record:

Division: 40-44 Division Place: 519





SPLIT
TIMEPACEPLACE
10K: 1:48:1917:25
15k:2:38:0516:57
Half Marathon:3:53:2917:48
FINISH:8:56:4920:286110

Gun Time: 9:02:25

This down time is killing me. The ankle continues to improve, and I am mentally going stir-crazy. Yesterday, work was stressful, and I had no outlet to flush it out of me, so I ended up doing some housecleaning. You know I'm losing it when the answer is cleaning the house.

But, there is lots of racing to do vicariously. Marshall pointed out the Complete Running Calendar. I'm also cheering on a bunch of PFitters who are racing the Royal Victoria Marathon et al tomorrow. Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home